Dedication services were held November 19, 1905 as the construction of the Methodist Episcopal Church neared completion. It was located at the corner of Virginia Avenue and Raymond Street. The firm of Lusk and Watson was hired to build the church. The Methodist ministry actually began in town earlier during 1904 when Rev. J. R. Fretts of Wellsburg gave a service in the Richard Humes storeroom. Among the prominent backers of the Church were William Banfield, H.B. Mahan and Thomas Grill, officers of the new Follansbee mill. The earliest minister to serve the Church was C. C. Hall, 1905-1906.