St. Anthony school began operation in September 1938 with 3 Sisters. In 1947 a kindergarten was established in the basement. In the summer of 1953 work began on St. Anthony High School. The doors opened to 9th and 10th grades in September 1954. The school continued adding grades until June 1957 when the first senior class graduated. By 1959, St. Anthony had 10 teaching nuns and 408 students with 135 of these as high school students. Because of financial difficulties, St. Anthony discontinued classes on February 17, 1964.
- “St. Anthony Parish 100th Anniversary Celebration: 1906-2006.” Follansbee, WV. November 5, 2006, p. 3.