The Hollidays Cove area of Weirton, which is part of the Cross Creek School District, was developing rapidly. Hence “It was decided to furnish schools for the grades and transport the High School students to Follansbee High. The Edgewood school was built in 1928-29.” Before the construction of Edgewood, four portable structures were located on the site. Classes were first held in the new building in 1929. “High School students were transported by trolley to Follansbee as arranged by the Board.”
- Quotes taken from Secretary notes of Follansbee City Meetings.: Quotes taken from Secretary notes of Follansbee City Meetings.